Grants for artists facing emergencies due to Covid-19
Artist Relief is an initiative organized by the Academy of American Poets, Artadia, Creative Capital, Foundation for Contemporary Arts, MAP Fund, National YoungArts Foundation, and United States Artists—all small to mid-sized national arts grantmakers—that have come together in this unprecedented moment guided by the understanding that the wellbeing of artists has financial, professional, social, and mental dimensions, and should be fostered with a holistic framework of support.
As such, Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers, designed by Americans for the Arts,to better identify and address the needs of artists moving forward.
To be eligible, you must be able to answer ”Yes“ to the prompts listed below. Please note that the Artist Relief coalition partners will make final eligibility determinations as needed.
- I am a practicing artist able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to my work, career, and a public audience;
- I am experiencing dire financial need due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- I am 21 years of age or older
- I am legally able to receive taxable income in the U.S. (e.g. citizen, green card holder, and/or permanent resident who can provide a W9 and SSN or ITIN)
- I have been living and working in the U.S. for the last two years
- I am not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners
- I have not previously been awarded a relief grant from this fund
All information shown here has been taken from the website artistrelief.org
To apply click here.
Leave a Comment