Inaugural Writing Competition
Theme: “An artist and their work. ” Any artists of your choice other than yourself.
Submission: The writing must be a your own, previously unplublished and original work between
250 and 500 words. 1-3 images must be submitted with each entry.
Prize: The winning writer’s piece will be published in the Spring 2020 print edition.
Deadline: March 15th 2020
Judge: Ed McCormack, Managing Editor. Winners to be announced on the website 04/15/20.
Entry Fee: $20 for each enttry
- Subject: The writing must be about another artist and their artwork (not your own).
- Writing must be original and unpublished and between 250-500 words.
- Submissions should be in standard manuscript format (double-space, one inch margins, 12 point Timer, Times New Roman or similar font).
- Submissions should be uploaded as a PDF or Word Document.
- Please do not attach bios or resumes.
- Please spell check and review your submission for typos and grammatical errors. Excessive typos may disqualify your submission.
- Image submissions should be images of the artist’s original work.
- Writers must have the artist’s authority to allow G&S Arts Journal the right to reprint the images of their work.
- Any images attached to the writing must be 300dpi in jpg or tiff format. The title, artist’s name, size of work and medium must be included in the file name of the image:
- (e.g. Title-Mr Artist-12x12inches-acrylic on canvas.jpg)
- Please address any questions to [email protected]