2nd Juried Art Competition – Art with words/writing
Gallery&Studio Arts Journal will be running several different competitions throughout the year. The second visual arts competition is again for visual artists of all media. Good Luck!
Theme: “Artwork that includes writing.” The art must include at least one word. It may also be a cartoon, comic strip, illustrations
that include writing.
Submission: Up to 3 images per submission. Images must be of your own original work.
Prize: A review of the winning artist’s work to be published on the Spring 2020 print edition.
Images of runners up will also published.
Deadline: June 28th, 2020 (extended due to COVID19 related issues)
Judge: Ed McCormack, Managing Editor. Winners to be announced on the website 08/02/20.
Entry Fee: $20 for 3 images
- Submissions should be images of the artist’s original work.
- Individual submitting the images should have copyright over the work.
- Maximum size per image is 2MB.
- Images should be in JPG or PNG format.
- For 3-D works, 6 images may be submitted.
- Images should be named with the artist’s name, title, dimensions and medium.
- Winners and runners-up will be required to provide high-resolution images for print.
Please address any questions here.